MY DOG ATE ART'S PAGES


PROBABLY THE BEST ART BLOG IN PLYMOUTH - ENJOYED IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES - FROM CHILE TO CHINA

25/11/2008

SPIKES

SPIKES 2008
acrylic on canvas
30cm x 25 cm

I have been saying that I would be posting pictures of my commission canvases - well I think they're finished - but this isn't one of them - it's a smaller one I've been doing while waiting for paint to dry and finding other things to do - I sort of like it (my daughter does) - but not absolutely sure - see what you think - and tell me what you think ! This work is for sale - just email me to discuss.

mydogateart@googlemail.com

8 comments:

  1. It looks like a bank of sea anenomes (the long spiky type) - or are they eels? Anyway, I like the composition apart from the circles top left. Remove the circles and you've got a good stormy sea. The sea and the anenomes (or eels) are too realistic for the picture to be abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivor - you have pinpointed the problem that I had with this - it started as an experiment (with something quite different in mind) and turned into this - and found myself fighting against it looking "realistic" - maybe that's why I put the circles there - the stormy sea might also be a stormy moonlit sky and the spikes a bank of vegetation - maybe I was thinking about the moon - I may paint over and see what happens. Thanks for the considered comments - it helps me. And for other readers' benefit - can I point them to Ivor's Blog - it is highly entertaining.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know why, but your painting reminds me of this photo i saw on the Internet yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony

    Now those were the days - when festivals were festivals etc ... and I can see what you mean

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesoke work, scl...congrats..and thanks 4 yr comforting comment too. You rightly said it: love, respect, friendship are the qualities that should bind human spirits..Here's a salute fm me for your comment..best of luck..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many thanks for your response .. not sure what to say .. thanks again .. love and respect !

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice posting....i like it...it is really helpfull to all...So many thanks for your response .. not sure what to say .. thanks again .. love and respect !

    Bathmate

    ReplyDelete