MY DOG ATE ART'S PAGES


PROBABLY THE BEST ART BLOG IN PLYMOUTH - ENJOYED IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES - FROM CHILE TO CHINA

11/01/2009

BLOCKS

BLOCKS 09/5 (2009)
gouache on paper
30cm x 21cm
This was an experiment with gouache and sponge printing - and a bit of hand-tinting ( a nod to Paul Klee ) - we like it so much that it's going in a frame in one of our bedrooms !
I am nearing completion of the two small canvases for my lounge - I'll post them as soon as they are done - I have got some new faces to post as well - so plenty to come in the next week or so.
Much of my work for sale , commissions considered.

3 comments:

  1. Nice one. It means something but I still cant get it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably means something like this...
    Each generation builds on previous generations and is built upon by following generations, but each generation feels that it somehow stands out. In the case of our generation, of course, this is correct.
    Alternatively, it's the artist's impression of a zipper.
    I like this picture, because some of my best friends are blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I came from Mike the artist's blog, and enjoy your running wild with your art and colors here:)
    Have a great day
    greetings from Paris
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete