MY DOG ATE ART'S PAGES


PROBABLY THE BEST ART BLOG IN PLYMOUTH - ENJOYED IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES - FROM CHILE TO CHINA

08/02/2010

RECYCLING TIME

NEBULOUS 10/4 (2010)

acrylic on board
10" x 8" (25cm x 20cm)
UK PRICE : £ 65.00 GBP (inc p & p)
GUARANTEED 15% DISCOUNT for all blog and Twitter followers - and Facebook friends
outside of the UK please email me first for cost/shipping etc mydogateart@gmail.com
This is the first of a number of paintings I have done using old framed pictures - usually mass-produced prints. I have taken the glass out - and removed the print and mount - which generally speaking leaves the backing board. I've then used the board to paint on to - the painting has then been replaced into the frame - see image below.

I'm a great believer in recycling - so as an artist this seems a very good use of old unwanted pictures. I am sure there are others who do this -be interesting to hear...
If you are interested in buying this - I am happy to respray the frame the colour of your choice.
"No canvases were harmed during the painting of this picture"
email me if you would like this, any other work on the site or would like to discuss a commission
mydogateart@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment